Who we are
We are a group of people trying to find the best way through this life. We are excited about what the Bible says about God, how much He loves us, is concerned for us and seeks to give us fullness of life and not take it away! We have found our answers, our comfort, our healing and our direction from Him and His Son Jesus Christ!
What we believe
- That God is one in essence and character, but revealed to man in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That man (and woman), left to his/her own devices, has never sought God and remains separated from God forever because of his/her rebellious nature.
- That God was not satisfied with this state of separation and because of His love sent Jesus to earth to live as a man and die to pay the penalty that God required for sin (the product of that rebelliousness.
- That since Jesus paid the penalty God required for every individual’s sin, our ability to have our sins forgiven, to have a personal relationship with God and go to heaven to live with Him, is based only on believing on Jesus: believing that because of His payment for sin on the cross that Jesus has the ability to save us from hell.
- That once we come to Jesus to receive these gifts (forgiveness, relationship with God and heaven) they remain ours forever and they cannot be taken away.
- That the Bible is inspired by God, without error and the only standard for what we should believe and what we should do.
- That the Holy Spirit is given to every believer when they believe on Jesus, and although we are not a charismatic church in the modern day sense, we rely on the Holy Spirit to empower us, direct us, teach us, comfort us, equip us and bear His fruit in our lives.
Why we are here
As a church family, we worship God, learn from the Bible, support one another in all aspects of life, and help in this community. We believe church should be a refuge from the world where people are accepted and loved in spite of who they are, a safe place where hurts can be healed, and a nurturing place where people are encouraged to seek Christ, believe on Him and grow in the fullness of life that He offers.
We meet on a regular basis, Sundays at 10:00am at 730 South County Trail, North Kingstown, RI. We also offer Bible studies for adults through the week as well as programs for men, women, teens and children.
If you have any questions, please call Pastor Peter at 667-0775.